• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Bored looking at the same piece of sky for 8 weeks

bryand

What would it take to start EMS meets again?

• Groups of up to 6 can meet up from 1/6/20 - the last two Tannenbaum meets I went to had no more than 4 people, so that's OK.
  • We can now "exercise" outdoors for an unlimited time. - anyone who thinks astronomy isn't "exercise" is welcome to pick up my 5" refractor!
  • We can now drive any distance to destinations 'like parks' for exercise.

What we are lacking in darkness we gain in cloudlessness this time of year, so how do we re-start EMS meets?

You raise a valid point Bryan.

We are in fact looking at this, but will need to take things into consideration so we can prove we have taken sensible steps to make sure people would be safe to attend.

Whilst we are well spaced and abide by minimum distance rules quite easily, we still have to show we have taken more than adequate steps to ensure safety.

We are discussing this at the moment and will need to be in contact with the sites to see whether or not they are in fact going to be open to us.

We will of course post as soon as we are able to.

• Like 2

Myself i cannot really watch the stars from my back garden.  So im really eager to get to the dark site again with my scope. 

I think belper site big enough to for people to keep apart. No difference than going to the local park. 

But anyway way we all will follow the EMS guidelines. 

Unfortunately, both sites remain closed until further notice. We will be in touch with them and let you know when we are able to use them again.