• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

IC5070 Pelicans Neck

silentrunning

I've been developing a process to remove the stars, process them and the underlying image seperatly and then to recombine them. This is a whole new ball game for me. I will need to analyse some images out there and try to decide what it is I am trying to achieve but I'm probably going to stop at this point with this one. 

spacer.png

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• silentrunning

• Clive

• Bottletopburly

• Glafnazur

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been developing a process to remove the stars, process them and the underlying image seperatly and then to recombine them. This is a whole new ball game for me. I will need to analyse some images

I will be playing around with this forever I think.   This is a reprocess in which I have reduced the size of the stars and left out the layer of very faint stars. I've been looking at how s

Nice colours there, not over saturated.  My only minor comment is that, to me, the brighter stars seem to be a bit too sharp and seem to have lost their 'natural' look. But their again, I could never

Nice colours there, not over saturated.  My only minor comment is that, to me, the brighter stars seem to be a bit too sharp and seem to have lost their 'natural' look. But their again, I could never achieve anything close to that.

• Like 1
silentrunning
26 minutes ago, Clive said:

Nice colours there, not over saturated.  My only minor comment is that, to me, the brighter stars seem to be a bit too sharp and seem to have lost their 'natural' look. But their again, I could never achieve anything close to that.

I agree Clive, I probably do a small blur on the bright star layer to bring that look back to them.

silentrunning

I will be playing around with this forever I think.

This is a reprocess in which I have reduced the size of the stars and left out the layer of very faint stars. I've been looking at how stars and colour appear on Hubble images - ambitious or what! - and have been heading in that direction as far as possible, getting a bit closer to the look and feel of those images.

Standing back from it it looks like Turner was more of an inspiration!

large_SHO2.jpg.667182486e2031bf58931b4636997105.jpg

silentrunning

Thanks I'll probably revisit this having played around with introducing the stars from various mag ranges in this image...