• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

IC5070 Pelicans Neck

silentrunning

I've been developing a process to remove the stars, process them and the underlying image seperatly and then to recombine them. This is a whole new ball game for me. I will need to analyse some images out there and try to decide what it is I am trying to achieve but I'm probably going to stop at this point with this one. 

spacer.png

Nice colours there, not over saturated.  My only minor comment is that, to me, the brighter stars seem to be a bit too sharp and seem to have lost their 'natural' look. But their again, I could never achieve anything close to that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Clive said:

Nice colours there, not over saturated.  My only minor comment is that, to me, the brighter stars seem to be a bit too sharp and seem to have lost their 'natural' look. But their again, I could never achieve anything close to that.

I agree Clive, I probably do a small blur on the bright star layer to bring that look back to them.

I will be playing around with this forever I think.

This is a reprocess in which I have reduced the size of the stars and left out the layer of very faint stars. I've been looking at how stars and colour appear on Hubble images - ambitious or what! - and have been heading in that direction as far as possible, getting a bit closer to the look and feel of those images.

Standing back from it it looks like Turner was more of an inspiration!

large_SHO2.jpg.667182486e2031bf58931b4636997105.jpg

Thanks I'll probably revisit this having played around with introducing the stars from various mag ranges in this image...