• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Guiding test images.

RonC

Was the rms results better than usual Ron ? I found using predictive pec Algorithm works quite well too  .

Very nice too Ron.

Love the M 15

Interesting you changed the settings for M33.

I think I would have kept them the same as M33 has gone very Blue and a lot darker.

What camera and filters were you using ???

Have these been processed ??

Hi Graham, i used a Moon and Skyglow filter for both. M15 was more to get focus and check the guiding but M33 is quite faint which is why I upped the settings!

Pleased with the guiding though!! But of course it could just be my PS6 processing!!

Ron

Edited by RonC

I meant did  you get a better Rms than usual using amp meter setting regarding balance   ,  also in the brain settings there is an algorithm in phd2 Called predictive pec it learns your worm cycle takes a few cycles to kick in but I find it works better than hysteris algorithm which is the default algorithm 

Yes David a better RMS since rebalancing not realizing I was out of balance before!

I'll check out that predictive pec, thanks..Ron

Updated to PHD 2.6.9 and using PPEC, seems to be working OK but I'll check it for long term use...