• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Observing Night at Last

Caldwell 14

2 hours of bliss, super night spoilt only by having to go to bed for work in the morning, I could even see the Milky Way from here. With my frac my list observation list goes: M92, M57 M32, M31, M26, M13, M11, Caldwell 14, Epsilon Lyrae, Albireo and Saturn. Going to try again tomorrow from Teggs Nose nr Macclesfield in the Peaks.

Well done Carl, sounds like a good night, patchy cloud here right through to midnight. It's a big county!! :)

I bagged M31 with the bins while on a smoke break vil-fuume.gif

Regards.

Nice session Carl.

It can only get better!

It would want too wouldn't it :angry: Tried last night in the peaks but to no avail. Still tonight is looking good and my frac will be on the lawn and ready for action in a couple of hours, no work tomorrow either so I'm gonna make a night of it :ph34r: the double cluster is looking fantasic about 2am B)

Mind you M11 and 13 and looking pretty good too :D

Crammed a lot in there - nice one :)

A bit like a kid in a sweet shop really, I didn't know what to look at first and tried to observe everything!

Guest robbobsam

It was a crystal clear night here in Husbands Bosworth, I tried to do some stargazing in my garden with my binoculars but as a complete novice I didn't know what I was looking for/at. I have looked at some of the images you guys have managed to view though and they looked really good. I regularly go out at night lamping on the local farms and lie on my back in a field looking up at the stars, it will be nice to look at the night sky and know what I am looking at.

Edited by robbobsam

Very clear last night YO19.

Cepheus/Cassiopeia/Andromeda was absolutely crammed. M31 easily seen without glass.

Particularly interested with the bottom of the 'house' - Graham's recent image of the region has had me looking with bins every night from work.

I'll have to pencil in a run on the Garnet ...

Regards.

Milky way has been "OMG" for the last two nights, the star fields through Cygnus are just to die for, fantastic. I must go to bed at a decent time tonight, 2am is far to late when I have work the next day.

BTW the Ring Nebula is looking very nnice at the mo, even through my little frac.

Another good night last night, finally got grips with the goto! New was M71 and great views of M27 and M57! Like everyone else though, got to get up for work this morning!!

The scope is on the lawn, an hour an no more (yeah right)

Nahhh, made it in for midnight, sheer will power, harder than giving up smoking <_<

I regularly go out at night lamping on the local farms and lie on my back in a field looking up at the stars, it will be nice to look at the night sky and know what I am looking at.

Lurcher? I used to love lamping, my kids were brought up on rabbit and hare.... I suppose I could get linched these days for admitting that. What to look at with a pair of bins? I would start by finding Cygnus, its looks like a giant cross, the milky way runs straight through the middle of it, fantasic with a pair of bins....do it, you'll buy a scope after that.