• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

New webcam for moon/planetary

Guest marcus

Guest marcus

Have been looking through some of the posts on here, but also thought it may be a good idea to post the following just for reference really or as a way of a heads up.

I know that the SPc900's are like rocking horse stuff, but I am in process of testing a Logitech camera out which so far I think will fit the job at £9.99, model no. C300. I am in the process of modding one to LX to see the out come.

I have attached a picture taken below with a Skywatcher 200p, see what you guys think.

moonwithalogitechcam.jpg

Guest marcus

Not Mine i'm afraid, would love to take credit....this was taken using a 200p, and done via a mosaic. The pic came up when I googled the camera, I have two here and only managed daytime tests, the other is in bits being modded for long exposure.

look as good as any philips webcam images i`ve seen, people want the philips webcams for the ccd chip, not many webcams have them, they are usually cmos chips in belive.

I agree with Rob - looks like it's well up to the job - be great to see what you get with the lx mod'ed one :)

Guest marcus

The new modded cam is ready now, so hoping to give it first light in the next couple of days, fingers crossed, will keep you all posted.