• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Price increase on some Kendrick products!

Daz Type-R

OMG!!!

I ordered my Kendrick dual channel four port dew controller from Green Witch a few weeks ago due to no stock from Altair Astro (still waiting for my order for heater straps etc from Altair though!!!) for £83.63. That was including postage.

I have just been looking around and now most stockist of this dew controller are now charging £103, a couple of days ago the same thing was priced at £79 this does not include postage!!!!! - how can Kendrick charge an extra 23.3% for the exact same product, it is not even an upgrade! I have checked two different suppliers, they are now charging the same, hence why I am assuming it is Kendrick themselves that have put the price up!

I went for Kendrick because I beleive they are one of the best for dew systems but I beleive charging an extra 23.3% for the exact same product is outrageous and at that price, I would of gone for another brand!

Glad I got mine when I did but not good for other people!!!

Sorry, rant over.

Guest Kheldar

It's not just Kendrick, price are going up everywhere, on everything astro related.

Plus you don't know how many years they might not of been putting the prices up :)

Just another way of thinking about things!

True but 23% price increase is a joke. That's not even inflation, people don't get 23% payrise's so wonder how they get away with it!

Suppose if people are willing to pay it then they will up the price.

:(

Guest Kheldar

True but 23% price increase is a joke. That's not even inflation, people don't get 23% payrise's so wonder how they get away with it!

Suppose if people are willing to pay it then they will up the price.

:(

Celestron increased the prices of the X-Cel LX from RRP £69 to £89 - 29%

Baader increased the prices of the Steeltrack RT from RRP £239 to £265 - 11%

It's a conspiracy, they're all above inflation!!!!! :)

I'm just saying I think it's unfair to flame on one manufacturer, when it's not just them doing it.

Edited by Kheldar

Good point there Stephen, I suppose I just "picked" on Kendrick as it was fresh in my mind, having just ordered a fair bit of their stuff, I haven't really looked around for much else lately.

Guest Kheldar

Good point there Stephen, I suppose I just "picked" on Kendrick as it was fresh in my mind, having just ordered a fair bit of their stuff, I haven't really looked around for much else lately.

There was mumblings about this sort of thing being expected early in the year, and DN18 has kept us updated with manufacturer rises as they have been coming through.

Another way of looking at it is it "might" just be the market balancing itself again. We've been lucky enough to be into astronomy at a point where the prices of kit are ridiculously cheap in the mass produced market.

It wasn't "that" many years ago that an 8" reflector or 3" triplet would of been the domain of universities and pro-astronomers only due to cost!

I agree completely though, it all stinks!