• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

iTunes!

catman161

Sorry but this is totally not astronomy related!

If any computer genius' out there can help I would be extremely appreciative.

Last night I tried to sync my iPhone 4s as I normally do and it just whizzed through the sync process and I no longer have any of my music on my phone and no matter what I do it will not sync the music back onto my phone!! It is so frustrating. Have tried a load of things mentioned from google searching.

I'm using latest version of iTunes and windows vista.

I am gonna try system restore later when I get on from work if i can't sort it. I am getting desperate now!

Guest Kheldar

1) Go to the Music tab in iTunes (after selecting the iPhone in the left hand side.) Is Music unchecked for some reason?

2) If you're happy you can sync/restore things like calendars and contacts, restore the iPhone

3) Worst case, put the iPhone into recovery mode (check Google) and start again : this will fully wipe the phone and sync from fresh.

Sorry I don't have any simpler solutions off the top of my head.

There is a way to export all of your contacts from the i-Phone I forget exactly how now, but I did it when I swaped from iPhone to Android. I only say this as it would be an inconvenience at best if you restre and end up losing all your numbers etc. It also exported my notes, calendar and various other stuff, but not the music. I forget how you restore your music now, but I think there should be a recovery option somewhere that puts it all back to how it was pre sync. It's been a while since I used iTunes due to the fact I swaped to HTC at the begining of the year, one of the reasons being that iTunes kept updating my phone every few days, often messing it up until the next "update"

I have a real hatred for Apple now a days :(

Guest Kheldar

I have a real hatred for Apple now a days :(

You're holding it wrong :)

I love my iPhone, and it only ever syncs with the Mac when I need to put some music on that I obtained from a source other than iTunes. All the rest lives in the cloud, and I can be up and running on a new handset or after a restore in about 5 minutes :D

Roll on October, I really need a new one!

The mother in law had this but with all her apps, after an upgrade, as Stephen says above, I had to highlight the IPhone on the playlist column, then select apps and low and behold, the sync apps tick box was unticked!!!

A quick tick and re-sync, all well again.

Hope you can get it sorted easily.

Thanks guys. All options are as they should be, boxes checked etc.

After a little more googling I have found other people that did what I did which seems to have been the precursor to the problem. I manually deleted a tune from my handset by swiping it with my finger and hitting delete. Then I tried a re-sync and then all the above happened. I have found one person when trawling through iPhone forums that found a method which helped them so I will try tht when I get in from work.

Thanks for your help/suggestions so far.