• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter and Saturn

Awful conditions but I got them into the field of view of my DSLR at 300mm focal length. ISO 6400 and 2 seconds exposure:

JupiterWithSaturnY20NovD15

I'm hoping for a few clear early evenings.

I spotted them briefly earlier.

What are our chances of seeing the conjunction i wonder ?

Its now 36 days away.

Its going to be tough, and i'm looking at potential sites where i can see a clear SW horizon.

Belper Alderwasley may be ok as its high up, thats assuming they ever let us use it again.

Nice picture. I caught them visually Sunday afternoon (around 16:30) with my 90mm Mak

spacer.png

It took a few more minutes of dusk before I could see all four Galilean Moons. 

9 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

I spotted them briefly earlier.

What are our chances of seeing the conjunction i wonder ?

Its now 36 days away.

Its going to be tough, and i'm looking at potential sites where i can see a clear SW horizon.

Belper Alderwasley may be ok as its high up, thats assuming they ever let us use it again.

As long as it is clear, we should be able to see it. I have a feeling we will just see two bright dots with neither detail nor moons.

ill

Spotted again at work this evening.

They have definitely closed a bit since last week.

I'm hopeful they will be visible, and maybe i can track them down in the afternoon : it will be the shortest day so 'darkness' will be on our side ! 😀

Hopefully i can grab an image too. A conjunction like this will not come around again in our lifetimes. Not this close anyway.