• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

When are EMS meetings guys?

Guest kirkster501

Guest kirkster501

Hi guys,

When do you guys meet up? I couldn't make last night's meeting but would like to come along. I suppose probelm is that to plan a clear sky meet with scopes is next to impossible with our weather !

Rgds, Steve

Steve we do meet quite regularly over the winter months at either Sawley or Belper. It tends to be planned a couple of days in advance but you need to monitor the meeting thread on the day in case it gets cancelled last minute (depending on the weather). Talking of which there have been very few meets over this crazy weather summer.

Do check the meeting threads regularly to see when the next one is started which will typically be for a weekend night - thought the sites are available any evening in the week as well. The first meeting is free and if you want to join up as a dark site member there will be a small subscription (currently £20 per year) to cover site rental, insurance, website, etc.

Hope we see you soon - meanwhile enjoy the forum :)

Kim, mods,

would it be worth having a separate section only for meets? I know there are usually placed in the anouncements section but occaisionally they are not obvious and can be missed.

Guest kirkster501

Thanks guys, will keep my eyes on the forum then. Look forward to meeting up with you guys :)

Rgds, Steve

I second Rock Doctor Dave's suggestion about meets. It would be good to make the dates a bit easier to find.

Maybe even put the date above the shoutbox next to the EMS1 Star Party reminder.

Hmmm... I see what you mean - they are usually under "Local Meets" which is in the "Dark Site" section so it won't be viewable by non subscribers and is maybe "low visibility" for the rest of us.

I'l raise it with the rest of the mods/admins and see what we can do :)

EMS Meetings are now under "Information and Announcements" alongside EMS1, Kelling, SGL7, etc in it's own section which will glow on the main board when a meeting is planned. Hope that helps everyone :)