• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Processing pc upgrade 😁👍

Bottletopburly

So my lad just upgraded his gaming pc , upshot of this is dad just acquired a pc for processing i5 processor, 24gb ram and a 1060 graphics card just need to sort storage out as we used the ssd on his new system so tomorrow it’s going work to have the dust blown out , will post a picture when I get it back up and running yay 😁 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, RonC said:

That's a great update, 24gb RAM is enormous!! Good luck!!

His new one has 32gb and a cool ring fan  in the cpu  that looks like a car  engine bolted to it 

So pc up and running and wow what a power horse it is, so I ran Startools gpu accelerated version first Astro processing software to fully utilise gpu processing I can’t believe how quick this pc  processes data , before on my laptop each module in Startools would take a while now it’s down to seconds and the denoise module would take ages now completing I would say under twenty seconds .

pc specs 

1 x AMD Ryzen™ 5 1500X CPU (Quad Core, 3.6GHz - 3.7GHz, 16MB L3 Cache)
Air CPU Cooler 1 
1 x Cooler Master Hyper 103

RAM 
Corsair Vengeance® LPX 24gb DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz C16 Memory Kit - Black
Graphics Card 1 
1 x NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB Graphics Card
Motherboard 1 
1 x Asus PRIME B350-Plus (Socket- AM4, 4X DDR4, ATX)

large.46FD6845-D0ED-4AC6-BBE2-DDAF03A41854.jpeg.b89934e3eb6170d91a7a4f5da429a1fd.jpeglarge.1D76883B-3D35-4F93-95B7-BD8137FA6F8F.jpeg.a368a87e6fe79ce4397005a48a3e8e20.jpeg

• Like 2