• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Christmas Eve Moon

philjay

Very nice! I've just been looking at it myself with my 80ED Evostar. Unfortunately the cold got to me and I was frozen after an hour. 

1 hour ago, philjay said:

Still trying to extract the best from the Olympus OM D EM1 and the vintage Towa 80mm F15 scope.

Last week I check collimated the scope after deciding it wasnt performing like it used to and it was a bit off, must have got knocked during house move. So tonight I wanted to give it a whirl.

Visual great, no sign of green or purple edges to high albedo areas indicative of the scope being either not cooled or out of line, so I slapped the Olly on and took 50 shots at ISO 200 at 1/200th.

Pipped and Registaxed and PS6 for final adjustment. Cos the scope was at the right temperature and in collimation I took the shot in colour and I'm please to se no fringing which is what a good long FL achro in collimation should give. I'm quite pleased to have the scope back on form again.

To quote Ibbo, "do the clcky thing for full res"spacer.png

Happy Christmas Folks

Good stuff.

We need a little pair of red shoes.