• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The old Nag ( through the snow )

Graham

You will be very uncomfortable with the guiding curve to start with then learn to live with it in time as it looks quite bad but the image comes out quite well.

Its a bit odd but it will come .

Just wait till broadband time for those galaxies and the sub length will tumble down compared with narrowband.

Edited by Ibbo

You can do it with maxim

I was going to run you through it at Kelling - but that did not work out.

Edited by Ibbo

Thats the first target i went for to compare 😀, my finger slipped and purchased the StellaLyra 8" f/12 for planetary but had a whack with dso, i found using Astap through APT works great for plate solve although not always, i had to have gain right up to pick out the faintest of stars to add to the numbers  if there was only 2 or 3 in the image otherwise it would just time out or report an error if it couldnt solve, although must admit it landed bang on target with this one first time..

3 hours ago, Brady said:

Thats the first target i went for to compare 😀, my finger slipped and purchased the StellaLyra 8" f/12 for planetary but had a whack with dso, i found using Astap through APT works great for plate solve although not always, i had to have gain right up to pick out the faintest of stars to add to the numbers  if there was only 2 or 3 in the image otherwise it would just time out or report an error if it couldnt solve, although must admit it landed bang on target with this one first time..

I find using a dslr using apt/Astap to use 1600iso for images to platesolve , Astap does apparently struggle with small fov but if you do have a problem message Hans the developer with an image that failed and he will help .

Thanks Dave

I use Maxim to control everything in the OBS so I will stick with that thanks.

I have had plate solving running in the past on it and it did an incredible job.

I will load up all the relevant info it needs for the RC and the QSI and get it working again.

Like I said with the GT 81 finding targets was a doddle as they were always in the FOV

2 hours ago, Graham said:

Thanks Dave

I use Maxim to control everything in the OBS so I will stick with that thanks.

I have had plate solving running in the past on it and it did an incredible job.

I will load up all the relevant info it needs for the RC and the QSI and get it working again.

Like I said with the GT 81 finding targets was a doddle as they were always in the FOV

I’m sure Astap can be used with maxim graham I know sgpro can 

It will take a while before you get used to the scope and its characteristics....its a great start