• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

A late Rigel and the Witches Head Nebula

Peter Shah

I'm not entirely sure I like this process. I

Peter it's stunning, perhaps it was difficult to process, but the result is fabulous.  

Carole 

Edited by Carastro

32 minutes ago, Carastro said:

Peter it's stunning, perhaps it was difficult to process, but the result is fabulous.  

Carole 

Thank you Carole....I don't know why I think its because I had to take it back to the start several times and I've been looking at it for a couple of weeks now.

Peter what's not to like? Beautiful colours and lot's of detail, it's a great image 👍

2 hours ago, Glafnazur said:

Peter what's not to like? Beautiful colours and lot's of detail, it's a great image 👍

Its not that I don't like....I think  it's more about the noise levels and the aberrations around the stars caused by the lens from pushing so far. I had to push the process more than I would of normally liked......it will be around again and I can continue to collect for it to see if I can clean it up in the fainter areas.

4 hours ago, 8472 said:

You might not like it, but I certainly do!

Looks brilliant, Peter.

Thank you ...I do like it really...but I can just see areas where it can be improved

You’re being too hard on yourself Peter, agree with Kev.. brilliant 

2 hours ago, Sunny Phil said:

I'm very impressed that you caught it this late in the season. Well done!

Thank you Philip....I actually started grabbing data for it in January but with the weather over in Spain being un-seasonally bad most was scraped, so only finished grabbing data about a month back where majority was good enough considering its altitude.

Is the bright star below and left of Rigel Beta Eridanus?  If so, North must be down?

11 hours ago, Clive said:

Is the bright star below and left of Rigel Beta Eridanus?  If so, North must be down?

yes north is down...The day was originally North up but Its always looked like a witches head so I though it at leased needed to be the correct way around.....lol