• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Tis finished

philjay

Ta folks,

Typo on 1st post, it,s not 1.9m high, it,s 1.4 when on the pads. It will stand on the Astro Balcony and cut down on set up time a little as when the mount is fitted it will be pointing close to the pole and only require a little adjustment to get PA for imaging.

• Like 3

Well done Phil, looks great

• 4 weeks later...

Managed to set the pier up yesterday and test it with the Towa and EQ5 on it, just test fit, no observing due to white and grey fluffy stuff getting in the way.

However trying it out on views across the fields on birds and rabbits proved it to be very stable.

Just got to do a proper polar alignment next clearish night and jobs a good un.

I must admit I do have a soft spot for long focus refractors on piers. Takes me back to lusting after them in the Fullerscopes catalogues of the 70s and 80s.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Well done Phil, looks really good. You shoul be well away from light pollution out there as well