• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Sharpcap Smart Histogram

Bottletopburly

@RonC you  may be intrested in this but seems super helpful for astro camera users ,finding the optimal settings ,exposure times for your location so basically  you may image at 10 min but your sky conditions may really only need 7 min due to light pollution more explained by Robin Glover https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/features/smart-histogram another video by eric not best video quality but he shows you running smart histogram 

Taking that on board although I use different software I can see what he means, thanks..

1 hour ago, RonC said:

Taking that on board although I use different software I can see what he means, thanks..

Yes ron but you can run this module just to gauge what settings to use , mind to run for every filter if you use multiple types at least it will give you a better idea .

I use a OSC cam David so I will only need to run it once... thanks

8 minutes ago, RonC said:

I use a OSC cam David so I will only need to run it once... thanks

Do you not use the duo band filter  anymore ron .

Yes I have a Tri band filter David, only use it at Full Moon at the moment!!

• Like 1