• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Three special offer

cosmic dave

I have just had a phone call from three offering me a i pad 2 for a £1.50 payment then £25 a month for 24 months, inc Internet access, I said no but im wondering if its a good offer any thoughts ?

£600 and the new ipad 3 will be out 12 months before you finish paying for it me thinks!! :)

I know what your saying tho, they getting rid of old stock i suppose ?

Edited by cosmic dave

Guest Kheldar

iPad 2 is the OLD model, it's been superseded (the new iPad / iPad 3) and it will (allegedly) be replaced again in September (iPad 4 / iPad mini)

Steer clear ;)

You can grab a brand new iPad 2 for £329 (or cheaper if you shop around). The iPad 3 is only £400 for a basic model (no 3G, but who needs it? Tethering all the way!).

I agree with Stephen, steer well clear.

First of all, do you know it was three calling you and not someone pretending to be them

Some b****ards kept hassling my elderly neighbour, trying to convince her they were AOL. They was,nt

She gave them a payment by card

Took be ages + threats of legal action to get them to give her money back. Now they are bugging her again (suckers list)

Second. Pretty sure you are street wise, but if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is

Yeah it was three, well as far as I can ever tell anyway, they new all about my contract and stuff. And the reason I have kept well away from apple is exactly because they keep changing everything and I don't want to get into keeping up with the jones thing a lot of people fall for. So yes I'm glad I said no :)

Guest Kheldar

Yeah it was three, well as far as I can ever tell anyway, they new all about my contract and stuff. And the reason I have kept well away from apple is exactly because they keep changing everything and I don't want to get into keeping up with the jones thing a lot of people fall for. So yes I'm glad I said no :)

Embrace the Apple ;)

I'm patiently waiting for iPhone 5 and have been since March ... :(

My philosophy with Apple products (I own a few ...) is to not update every year / 18 months : but to wait until a product drops out of software updates (support cycle) then upgrade to the latest version.

the nasty man who pays me, does not allow me to have such luxuries in life :angry:

I have a new ipad with 3g. Its great. Its been the my drawer for months and still retains charge. I guess i should use it more but my mug keeps slipping off. But when it works Its great at stopping mug rings going on my desk

Edited by cgolder