• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

NGC 6910 The Inchworm Cluster

RonC

At first I thought you had 'removed' Sadr from the original image which I thought was excellent given Sadr's intensity but then noticed you'd just kept it out of the frame!  But I do like the second image more, the eye is attracted to your target rather than being distracted by Sadr.

I agree with the above comments, Sadr just dominates and you can't help looking at it. A nice shot of an unusual target Ron.

Its a fascinating area of the sky Ron. Nice image.

I must confess i've not heard of the term 'Inchworm Cluster' before, but will check it out later, maybe tonight. Its listed at Magnitude +7.4

It seems to be called the 'Rocking horse cluster' as well, although i can't actually discern one myself !!

Stellarium lists it as both the Inchworm and Rocking Horse Cluster, I can see neither!! 😏