• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Roboscopes video

Bottletopburly

That explains some of the great images we see on here!! Great video...

• Like 2

Amazing stuff. The value of all that kit must be well into 7 figure territory and more.

I'd love to go there one day and i'd be like a big kid in a toy shop no doubt.

And this : 

@Peter Shah I have a claim to fame here.

The FLT132 at 10:50 in the video used to belong to me. 

I recognise it !! Purchased off me in 2018 by Steve from ENS. (if its the same scope and i think it is)

I put the Feathertouch on it myself (and the collet ring) as an upgrade, so in a way a little bit of my own handywork is on display there.

Its great to see it again and i'm so pleased to see it doing great work there ☺️

And you like its optics !!  Its good to know i have good taste in optics.

I actually upgraded the FLT to my current TEC140FL which i rate even better optically. 

But what do i know ? Maybe that will end up in there one day as well.....😀

A very interesting project @Peter Shah Must be a lot of work to run /maintain all fascinating stuff and a lovely location , brexit must have been a spanner in the works .

On 08/10/2021 at 10:39, Bottletopburly said:

Look who I found on YouTube @Peter Shah 

Ah yes...that's me. 🤓

On 08/10/2021 at 14:42, RonC said:

That explains some of the great images we see on here!! Great video...

I do have a few scopes to to play with 😉

On 08/10/2021 at 16:46, Bino-viewer said:

Amazing stuff. The value of all that kit must be well into 7 figure territory and more.

I'd love to go there one day and i'd be like a big kid in a toy shop no doubt.

And this : 

@Peter Shah I have a claim to fame here.

The FLT132 at 10:50 in the video used to belong to me. 

I recognise it !! Purchased off me in 2018 by Steve from ENS. (if its the same scope and i think it is)

I put the Feathertouch on it myself (and the collet ring) as an upgrade, so in a way a little bit of my own handywork is on display there.

Its great to see it again and i'm so pleased to see it doing great work there ☺️

And you like its optics !!  Its good to know i have good taste in optics.

I actually upgraded the FLT to my current TEC140FL which i rate even better optically. 

But what do i know ? Maybe that will end up in there one day as well.....😀

It was only intended for testing...But there is no way its coming out...it performs as good as a Takahashi. In fact it was going to replaced with a Tak 130 but it was so much better that we decided not to take it out.....jaw dropping colour, this one of the Lion Nebula was taken with it...one of my own favourite images  https://www.astrobin.com/esh41s/

On 08/10/2021 at 17:42, Bottletopburly said:

A very interesting project @Peter Shah Must be a lot of work to run /maintain all fascinating stuff and a lovely location , brexit must have been a spanner in the works .

I cant tell you what a huge project its been....massive is an understatement!..... I've stripped down  every one of these scopes refurbished, collimated and tweaked every last one!. Even the mounts Each paramount I have tuned to an inch of there lives. Long story but I've replaced five Paramount ME worms at one point they were just a pile of really expensive parts on the floor 😮.....On average I've done 10 trips a year  over the past 4 years...I no longer need a Satnave to drive to the South of Spain. It take two days to get there and two day back....it's a long old drive so each trip we spend around 2 weeks... I run the scopes every night making sure they are all ticking along smoothly.

• Like 3

Ahhhhh! Right.... So thats what hes got! The penny, she drop.  (but of course its not what you have but what you do with it).