• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Heart Nebula 6.25hrs

Bottletopburly

5 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

Well seems we had better conditions last night than  the north or south peeps ,clouds not showing until 2.30am so from 6.45hrs data got 6.25hrs useable subs using the technosky refractor and zwo533mc using L Extreme filter,managed to squeeze the heart nebula in with cropping edge out  minimally 30 pixels , well happy with the result stacked in Astap processing in Startools  .large.98342410-08F7-4705-8A11-77306066099D.jpeg.3199c4764f3918157894e397b66dfd7d.jpeg

Admire you deepsky guys. The dedication. And great results you achieve. Some lovely detail and structure in that.

• Thanks 1

I like both too and initially after viewing no 2 I thought that one was my favourite however after getting both up on screen and flicking between them I think I like the first best, it seems to have more detail.

• Like 1

I am no expert in deepsky but the first has sharper stars. The second they are softer. Often i prefer softer, as i think it looks more asthetic. But in this case think i prefer the sharper rendition. It makes the stars pop out better. On my 32" 4k monitor 

Edited by Neil Phillips
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Neil Phillips said:

I am no expert in deepsky but the first has sharper stars. The second they are softer. Often i prefer softer, as i think it looks more asthetic. But in this case think i prefer the sharper rendition. It makes the stars pop out better. On my 32" 4k monitor 

I really need a laptop with a hd screen it does help my laptop is quite poor in comparison to my sons gaming monitor which makes the images pop 

16 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

I really need a laptop with a hd screen it does help my laptop is quite poor in comparison to my sons gaming monitor which makes the images pop 

Just get a 4k screen and attach via hdmi. Not good for the feild though