• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

More Variable Star Light Curves

Streetbob

As I enjoy using spreadsheets and just love graphs, I have continued observing and measuring variable stars. I have managed to squeeze in quite a few sessions despite the poor weather, though I’ve had the added aggravation of increased lp because not only do I have to put up with someone's swirling multicoloured snowflake😩, a tree “stump” laden with bright white lights😠, Wollaton Hall have decided the best way to enjoy the stars is to swing search lights across the sky washing out everything🤬 (sorry rant over).

Despite this I have got some good magnitude estimates.  Using LibreOffice I have added to my light curves with a selection below.

Z UmaAF CygT CepR Uma

Nice work Doug, I must admit that variables are not something I have ever really observed.

Some variables do change over a night eg Algol, but it’s mainly a case of collecting data over many months to build the curves.  I like to see how the curves grow during that time.