• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello

Stu

Morning everyone. I hope you're all well and keeping nice and warm on these clear chilly nights. I've been into astronomy for a couple of years now, started out as a lockdown hobby. Visual is my main interest and I'm just starting out on the imaging side of things. I like online forums for a source of information but I'm looking forward to meeting some like minded people in real life.

• Like 3

Welcome stu beware of dabbling in imaging it’s a deep rabbit hole πŸ˜‚ it’s crowded down here πŸ˜†

Hi Stu, a warm welcome to the group. Well, since you are starting the journey down the slippery slope, you need to be able to curse properly first. So when your cables resemble a pigeons nest you are able to coax them back out. Missing drivers seem to respond well to a bit of verbal as does a meridian flip you weren't expecting.Β  I am a visual only monkey so can't offer much advice other than keep your visual gear.Β πŸ˜„

Seriously, there are some talented photon botherers on here and I reckon they have been through most of the problems you'll encounter, so feel free to ask any questions you have and someone will be along to offer help.Β 

Make yourself at home and enjoy your stay.

Welcome Stu, hope you get answers to your questions of which there may be may about imaging! 😊

Thanks for the welcome and advice 😁

There will be many questions I'm sure. Just using a manual mount/OTA/DSLR setup at the moment while I save for a mount upgrade. There's no way I'll ever part with my visual kit, staring through my scope while sipping on a whisky is my idea of a good night out πŸ₯ƒ

Β 

Β 

Β 

Hi there Stu.

Welcome to EMSΒ 

I'm the resident 'all the gear, no idea' member of the group.

I'm still awaiting my official badge, but the admin on here haven't presented me with it just yet. Maybe this year.....πŸ˜‰