• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M35 & NGC 2158

Glafnazur

Nice Dave.

This is a lovely object.

The hidden glob (NGC 2158) is often a challenge for me, but if you  have a darkish sky and some aperture (a 12" Dob is good)

it presents itself quite nicely. More of a challenge for me with a refractor though and a non starter from my light polluted home sadly.

Edited by Bino-viewer

38 minutes ago, RonC said:

Some good colours there (not sure about all the spikes?)  👍

The gaffer liked the spikes so I thought I'd best do as she says and post it too 😃

26 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

Nice Dave.

This is a lovely object.

The hidden glob (NGC 2158) is often a challenge for me, but if you  have a darkish sky and some aperture (a 12" Dob is good)

it presents itself quite nicely. More of a challenge for me with a refractor though and a non starter from my light polluted home sadly.

I've never seen it visually either Rob. I've tried but too much light pollution. 

Nice job. The last looks like fairydust has been sprinkled, and may be slight too liberally. Interesting to see though

I didn't realise it until the DDAS webmaster told me but the full frame image also captures the even fainter clusters IC 2156 and IC 2157, further out in the 5 o'clock position. I've circled them IC 2156 is the top one. 

InkedM35 Final_LI