• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello all

Guest astrojohn

Guest astrojohn

I've just found this forum - nice to join something local! I am John, an active (committee) member of a local A.S.

and a retired electrical engineer. Hope I can be of some help in this forum and get some help from it.

I have a 10" LX200 main instrument, and an ETX 90 plus an ETX125 OTA for portable scopes, as well as access to our society

24" Newtonian.

I am currently looking for a better travel scope - see my post elsewhere in the forum.

regards to you all,

John.

Good to meet you John, I think 2-way help is what this forum is all about, enjoy. :)

Hi John, good to have you on board.

Some nice scopes you have there.

If you have not seen already, we have two dark sites and we are hosting our very first start party later on in the year, which you are more than welcome to attend.

Enjoy the forum!

Hi John and a warm welcome to EMS :)

Hope you enjoy the forum - as mentioned we do get together when weather allows for group observing - we also have a small venue where we put on quarterly talks and workshops and "one to one" sessions for anyone needing help.

Keep your eye on the meeting threads in the announcements section - there's an observing meeting at Sawley this w/e coming if you fancy coming along. Meantime any questions feel free to start a thread in the help section :)

Guest Astroplodder

Good afternoon John!

I'm a newbie here, too, so there is much to read and assimilate in the forums - fortunately, all here seem very forgiving of - what be - repeated questions :)

Clear skies!

Genya

Hi John, a warm welcome to EMS.

You are very welcome to join any of the misguided ventures we get together for.

Enjoy the forum.

Welcome to EMS John, it's a real pleasure to have someone of your experience on the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay.