• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Rosette Nebula 7hrs

Bottletopburly

10 minutes ago, Graham said:

That is different.

Like the colours David.

Feel like you could fall into that.

Thanks Graham getting better, lost a bit too framing I’ll get there eventually but more data to come from tonight.

I see a lot of these images are around 7hrs, that's a hell of a commitment, great work. What do you use to process your art?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark Harper. said:

I see a lot of these images are around 7hrs, that's a hell of a commitment, great work. What do you use to process your art?

I use  StarTools for processing once images have been stacked , I used deepskystacker on this image .

• Like 1

I'd be well chuffed if I'd produced this, it was all the stacking software that put me off astrophotography, couldn't get my head round it.

This is a great piece, I'd have it printed on acrylic and mounted backlit. 👌

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mark Harper. said:

I'd be well chuffed if I'd produced this, it was all the stacking software that put me off astrophotography, couldn't get my head round it.

This is a great piece, I'd have it printed on acrylic and mounted backlit. 👌

Stacking is fairly straight forward with Deepskystacker which is free there are better stackers but DSS is actually not too bad  once you’ve configured for your setup which you only need to do once , choose your lights , darks, bias and flats , register and stack basically .

• Like 1

I tried it once, there was some software for creating a picture from video too, I think it picked the best frames, I could never get that stuff to work.

I've bought a setup for observation now, you guys with these incredible pics really make me want another go....

• Like 1

More data found bringing it to 10ths large.62382348-7069-4408-A271-BE4BB280AFB8.jpeg.dcf7bad9d10028a39cd39250bff27225.jpeg

• Like 3

It is really noticeable the difference that 3hrs makes. There’s more depth.

• Thanks 1