• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

First real test with the new kit N281

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

Its been a while ive been up grading my kit, i now hve a G41 mount fitted with a Gemini computer....a very nice combination. Ive also fitted an FLI PDF focuser....now ive just managed to get a few test shots out the way this is my first imaging session with the new upgrades

This is also my first completed run with CCD Autopilot, it worked beautifully....to be honest im shocked at the weather, we had thunder storms all day torrential rain, then around midnight very high cloud but clear enough to test the kit. I did stay and watch the whole event like a hawk, one eye on the kit and the other on the weather, but it turned out i could have gone to bed.......

4x600s in Ha, 6x600s in red, 6x420 in green and 6x530s in blue No flats, darks or bias frames

thanks for looking

Peter

a0962.jpg

a0961.jpg

Edited by peter shah

Guest peter shah

Thanks everyone....i cant say im not pleased with the way its all come together....i just want to get my teeth into some thing a bit more challenging, there is a patch of sky ive had my eye on for a couple of years now that im going to try for next, but its one of those where the conditions have to be just right...fingers crossed.

Edited by peter shah