• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Growing up Kribs ;-)

Cazz

Finally I've taken a pic of one of our tanks, the Kribs are some of Pat's babies - as you can see they're growing/grown well. I've taken these without the flash so apoligises for the blurred fish - they wouldn't sit still. Also the angle is wonky because the TV is in the way, but you get the idea.

That tank is beautiful!

What is the Central yellow plant thing? Looks like feathers!

Thank you. :) That is some old random plastic fern like plant, I say old, everything in there - except some fish, is 5 to 10 years old, I've not bought new decor for ages, I just keep recycling and rotating the half a cupboard full I've accumulated over the years.

The lighting is http://www.arcadia-u...an=en⊂=&id=4 which gives a warm pinky light and not that bright white light that can bleach many colours.

Edited by Cazz

Guest Rooster

Always liked kribs but never had any! Always had community tanks... Not sure if they would fit in?

Having said that I'm down to a single angel and a few neons now.. Should really stock up again :unsure:

The built up area is lava rocks with holes in them, just carefully stacked up. I thought the Kribs would enjoy a flat each, but everyone else has moved in, at least everyone has their own pad now.

That's a good tip you're doing with the snails. The snails won't hurt the tank, in fact they're help clear up, unfortunately they don't know what's a plant and what's not, and just eat everything - which isn't so good.

You can catch the snails by weighing a piece of cucumber down, they will all flock to it and then get ate by your bigger fish. ;-)

Your tank looks great.

I like the Polypterus and the oddball fishes.

Our tank just has a few pretty ones in at the moment, but we do have a very funny old Horse Faced Loach about 4" long which burrows under the sand.

Regarding the snails, I only ever seem to get snails living inside the external filter and get rid of a lot of them when I do a filter clean. I get hundreds of tiny pointed shell snails up to about 4mm long, but never in the tank.