• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Sol 17-6-22 Ha,Cak,Continuum

Ibbo

Now that is a lot of proms Steve.

Things seem to be livening up some what.

That is a great set of images. 👏

Superb, especially at full res, I spent quite a while panning around the images, there's so much going on 👍

6 hours ago, Glafnazur said:

Superb, especially at full res, I spent quite a while panning around the images, there's so much going on 👍

Agree with Dave here, so much to see. Interesting to see the continuum filter in use. in broad terms, if that's not a pun, what does a continuum filter do

On 18/06/2022 at 15:32, Derbyshire Dave said:

Agree with Dave here, so much to see. Interesting to see the continuum filter in use. in broad terms, if that's not a pun, what does a continuum filter do

Copied from the Baader blurb

"A must for owners of achromatic refractors. This filter cuts the spectral range transmitting a specific spectral range around 540nm, completely cutting out blue and red wavelengths in an area of the lens system that where the optics are at their sharpest.

Enhances contrast and reduces the effect of atmospheric turbulence.

This filter must be used in conjunction with a Baader Herschel Wedge or Baader AstroSolar Safety Film for solar observations otherwise eye or equipment damage may occur."

In my case it increases contrast and helps to show granulation of the sun.

Edited by Ibbo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ibbo said:

In my case it increases contrast and helps to show granulation of the sun.

Thanks