• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Solstice Dumbbell

Derbyshire Dave

44 minutes ago, philjay said:

From Songs from the Wood Album, still got it on vinyl, played it last week

Yeah, great album!

2 hours ago, philjay said:

From Songs from the Wood Album, still got it on vinyl, played it last week

I've still got the vinyl too, great album. I saw them at the NEC many years ago, unfortunately Ian Anderson had a bad throat but he gave it his all and it was still a great concert.

12 minutes ago, Glafnazur said:

I've still got the vinyl too, great album. I saw them at the NEC many years ago, unfortunately Ian Anderson had a bad throat but he gave it his all and it was still a great concert.

Saw them at Sheffield. Brilliant

Seen them at Derby about 5 times, Leicester, Nottingham, Sheffield and Milton Keynes Bowl when they supported Marillion as a favour to them on one of Marillions anniversary. Cos Marillion used to support JT for years. That was a gig to remember especially when they did Locomotive Breath with a Stutts Bearcat stunt plane doing aerobatics above the arena.

Oh, also seen them at NEC, cant remember how many times overall. Great band in all their many line ups over the years

Edited by philjay

Oh and I missed out seeing them at Tutbury Castle in the mid 90s,  just 3 miles from where we lived at the time. We had the tickets but I had to work late at a new job, the missus took my sister in my place. As if missing out on seeing JT wasnt enough, the pair took my best Polish vodka with them and mixed it with ORANGE. Phylistines both

44 minutes ago, philjay said:

Oh and I missed out seeing them at Tutbury Castle in the mid 90s,  just 3 miles from where we lived at the time. We had the tickets but I had to work late at a new job, the missus took my sister in my place. As if missing out on seeing JT wasnt enough, the pair took my best Polish vodka with them and mixed it with ORANGE. Phylistines both

Agh. Double tragedy! 😮