• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Mid-Day Moon.

Perkil8r

Got everything set up for a spot of solar and saw the moon was still in a suitable position to have a go, so I did. Not good, lots of high cloud that only showed through the scope, but here it is. Very difficult to get processing anything like right.

That's nice. I noticed it this afternoon also. Thought it looked very nice against the bright blue sky. Nice image :)

It allways makes me ponder when I see the sun and the moon in the sky simultaneously during the day. It delivers a certain realisation that we are standing on just another big ball of rock floating within the endless expanse of space - between one rock that's totally on fire and another thats void of anything but dust. One wonders how life can exist at all between such extremes of environment. Good shot ! :)