• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Pelican Nebula 2 Panel Mosaic

Derbyshire Dave

Nice! I'm wrestling with mosaics too, one Q - did you stitch before aligning and processing? It seems a bit off - if you stitched first before combining channels that might be the reason? Looks really promising though, great detail and a nice SHO palette 🙂

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bob Dobber said:

Nice! I'm wrestling with mosaics too, one Q - did you stitch before aligning and processing? It seems a bit off - if you stitched first before combining channels that might be the reason? Looks really promising though, great detail and a nice SHO palette 🙂

I did stitch first and then combine Rob. Interesting. Might have a try t'other way around.

Just now, Derbyshire Dave said:

I did stitch first and then combine Rob. Interesting. Might have a try t'other way around.

I am far from being an expert, and haven't succeeded in stiching mine together yet as a finished mosaic but that was suggested to me. I was just worried I would process the panels to a different degree and then find they were nastily patchy, but just not had time to revisit. Looks like you've got great data which is a big help!

28 minutes ago, Bob Dobber said:

I am far from being an expert, and haven't succeeded in stiching mine together yet as a finished mosaic but that was suggested to me. I was just worried I would process the panels to a different degree and then find they were nastily patchy, but just not had time to revisit. Looks like you've got great data which is a big help!

It's always going to be hard, I was worried about processing the two haves differently too.

What are you using for stitching? ICE seems to be a reasonably good tool for the job but I've not revisited it other than in purely Ha.

1 hour ago, Bob Dobber said:

What are you using for stitching? ICE seems to be a reasonably good tool for the job but I've not revisited it other than in purely Ha.

I normally use PixInsight, but for some reason, it wouldn't stitch these. I do sometimes use ICE, but this time I used Photomerge in Photoshop

1 hour ago, Derbyshire Dave said:

I normally use PixInsight, but for some reason, it wouldn't stitch these. I do sometimes use ICE, but this time I used Photomerge in Photoshop

You know more than me then (not hard!!) I may come to you for some guidance when I actually get time to look at mine again.

31 minutes ago, red dwalf said:

that is a beauty Dave, a real stunner

Really appreciate that Rob, thank you

not at all Dave, credit where it`s due, i`d be more than delighted if i could do anything like that

• Thanks 1