• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Nemesis Nebula in mono luminance

Bob Dobber

Sorry, I mean the Iris Nebula, but I am convinced it hates me. Only 40 mucky minutes, so here is a mucky image of the Iris Nebula... 

Oh, and this was first light on the 190MN big boy!

1 Iris Nebula LPro 40m with flats star red

Edited by Bob Dobber
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, RonC said:

Nice, wish I hadn't sold my MN190!!

People do seem to love them, it is so heavy though I'm worried that even my NEQ6 is struggling to cope, and the focuser attachment arrangement for a heavy imaging train (EFW+OAG+camera) is pretty worrying after the security of a thread!

I had the 200PDS before and thought it would be similar, but this just feels way way more solid, and to be expected I guess with that corrector plate lump on the front!

27 minutes ago, BAZ said:

Onwards and upwards Rob, you did pretty good for forty mins of murk.

Thanks, the (unattended) meridian flip wasn't successful so I think I might need some longer cables, hope nothing was snagging 😕 

The extra weight is not just the corrector lens but the internal baffling as well! I used mine on a HEQ5!