• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Dark site meet - Saturday 3rd September 2022 - Wymeswold.

Daz Type-R

Hi all,

EMS used to hold monthly dark site meets but were stopped due to poor attendance.  A couple of members have expressed an interest in them again so the staff thought we would put a couple on and see how we go.

So the 1st one is Saturday 3rd September at the Wymeswold dark site, 19:30 start until whenever.

It can be an observing session if clear, just a meet and greet if you have not been before or a chance to bring any kit you may need help with.

This meet is NOT dependent on the weather, if it is cloudy or raining it will still go ahead (as we will have access to the club house).

This meet is also open to all, in the past they were for dark site members only but we have had a number of newbies join who are not dark site members, so could be a good chance to meet up.

Unlimited tea, coffee and biscuits (within reason) will be provided, so please bring £1 to cover costs and remember your own mug.

Any questions, please shout up and I hope to see a number of you there.

Regards,

Daz. 

Edited by Daz Type-R

Hi,

I should be ok for this too.

It will be nice to meet up ; its been a while 

Hopefully do some 🔭 as well.

10 hours ago, tuckstar said:

Thats a shame Baz. How you getting on with those encoders? Are you at Kelling this year?

No, not at Kelling.

In all honestly I haven't had a scope out for ages, with my back being a bit dodgy I can't risk hoofing a big scope round, I just can't afford to have time off.  My car's cost £600 with a full service, MOT and all new brakes at the back end. That's put a dent in my budget.

Have a good meet folks. Its just a bit too far now I have moved further west and to cap it all the a50 south of derby will be closed after 20.00 tonight turning an hours trip back into a longer journey

In view of the expected cloud & the cost of petrol, Sue and I are very unlikely to be there this evening.

Unless there is a sudden clear pactch!

See many of you at Kelling soon hopefully.

Unfortunately babysitting duties have been dropped upon us at the last minute,  joys of being a grandparent, so won't be able to make this one after all, will take out the dark site membership  though and hope to meet up at the next one that's arranged

Me too I’m afraid 😕
Sorry, I really wanted to meet up and see everyone and hopefully set the scope up, but looking at the weather (raining here) and the A50 closure affecting me too travelling to Derby i’m going to scrub for today (like Nasa)

Hopefully next time…..

A very enjoyable evening. It was good to sit around and chat about Astro and stuff.   Looking forward to the next one. Thanks for organising.

• Daz Type-R unfeatured this topic

Nice to meet up, although not many of us. We all knew it was not going to be clear but monthly meets are mostly for chats and a brew and put the world to rights 😊. Clear skies are just a bonus , which obviously we did not get as usual 🤣

looking forward to next one