• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jerry

Hi, I live by Swadlincote wheres theres no shortage of light pollution 🙂, I have a Skywatcher Flexitube 250p with Synscan Goto, have been trying to get used to learning how to use the scope in my back garden and would like to get to try out a Dark site to get the most out of it.

Am looking to get some upgrades for my scope such as a couple of good eyepieces that wont break the bank, probably 1 high power and 1 low power plus a decent barlow to start with, thanks for letting me join and hope to learn a lot and contribute where I can 👍

Hi Andy, a warm welcome to the group.

I don't know what travel arrangements you might have, but as it happens there will be a darksite meet at Wymeswold this weekend coming. It's at the cricket ground Burton Rd. Wymeswold.  LE12 6UN. You would be very welcome to attend with or without scope and come along and say hello.

Welcome along, make yourself at home and enjoy your stay.

Hi all,

EMS used to hold monthly dark site meets but were stopped due to poor attendance.  A couple of members have expressed an interest in them again so the staff thought we would put a couple on and see how we go.

So the 1st one is Saturday 3rd September at the Wymeswold dark site, 19:30 start until whenever.

It can be an observing session if clear, just a meet and greet if you have not been before or a chance to bring any kit you may need help with.

This meet is NOT dependent on the weather, if it is cloudy or raining it will still go ahead (as we will have access to the club house).

This meet is also open to all, in the past they were for dark site members only but we have had a number of newbies join who are not dark site members, so could be a good chance to meet up.

Unlimited tea, coffee and biscuits (within reason) will be provided, so please bring £1 to cover costs and remember your own mug.

Any questions, please shout up and I hope to see a number of you there.

Regards,

Daz. 

Hi Daz, thanks for the invite, all things being well I'll be there Saturday, probably bring my scope along on the off chance there might be a break in the clouds and I can get a bt of practice in 👍