• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Apt platesolving via Paps

Bottletopburly

Setup last night briefly and polar aligned via sharpcap and got GOOD showing error of about 1arc minutes, then ran phd 2 calibration then guiding assistant which said a pa error of 14 arc minutes so I thought I’d try Apt polar align feature paps = polar align via plate solving the code required being kindly permitted by rumen Bogdanovski from the INDIGO project and have to say I’m impressed using a three point alignment after running phd2 calibration and GA  got down to 1 arc minute, best calibrated low at the celestial equator which I was , I probably won’t use sharpcap pa from now on as that seemed easier using the main camera , also handy as you don’t need Polaris in view which some people don’t , there is a few settings to tweak if you want as you can do auto for motorised mounts or manual for tracker mounts , also think you can define your first calibration point handy for a permanent setup .

Dave