• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

3 Moons a shadow transit and a full GRS transit time lapse of Jupiter from last night.

Graham

Nice result Graham.

It was fun following the shadow transit last night, though in my ignorance, i thought it was Io, rather than Europa.

It was a right mixed bag of seeing, at times it was terrible, then what seemed 10 mins later it was pretty good. But a very enjoyable night 😀🔭

32 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

Nice result Graham.

It was fun following the shadow transit last night, though in my ignorance, i thought it was Io, rather than Europa.

It was a right mixed bag of seeing, at times it was terrible, then what seemed 10 mins later it was pretty good. But a very enjoyable night 😀🔭

It was like that down here as well Rob.

Io is the moon that goes behind Jupiter in the video.

• Thanks 1

I used to have a really useful app on the phone called 'Gas Giants'

On all 4 planets the moons were labelled and it showed their positions in real time and had a 'slider' so you could

fast forward time and watch the moons in orbit and when they were due to be eclipsed, occulted, in transit, shadow transits etc.

But the developers didn't update it, and once a new iteration of iOS came out it wouldn't work properly.

Maybe Sky Safari has something similar, but i struggled with that last night (due to lack of use) and need to get my head round it again.

• Like 1

Really brings out the motion of the solar system, awesome. Have you seen the Europa transit for sat-sun this weekend? Looks like the shadow will transit almost on the GRS.