• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The Double Cluster in Perseus

Bob Dobber

Love this target. Imaged it last night at 275mm focal length after getting it at 464mm about 18 months ago. Which do we prefer?

2022-10-03_07-57-04

2022-10-03_07-59-28

• Like 2

Well size doesn't matter, but the star colours of the 275mm one look better to me as I've never been keen on seeing stars with a green tint.

10 hours ago, Clive said:

Now that's a lot better in my opinion

To be honest that one was done a long time ago (relatively speaking for me with only 2.5 years' experience!) and it never even occurred to me that the colour was a bit off. Seeing it next to the one from this week it is obvious!

As the imaging didn't happen last night I ended up gazing at this for quite a while, very pleasing with a low mag EP

The double cluster is probably my favourite object, on a good night it is like sparkling diamonds on black silk.

25 minutes ago, Glafnazur said:

The double cluster is probably my favourite object, on a good night it is like sparkling diamonds on black silk.

First time I've seen it. I'll be going back on a moonless night.