• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

I was young and thin once

philjay

Another of my hobbies (since I was a nipper) is target shooting, and a link to a few Youtube videos of 90s competitions came up the other day on one of the shooting forii 

Now my internet is working ish I was able to run them yesterday and knock me down with a feather duster, there was a younger me accepting a trophy at the 1993  National Recoiling Championship hosted by Michael Tawn Guns of Wisbech.

It brought back some fond memories, it was a stinking hot day in 1993, August I think.spacer.png

The missus appears as well in the odd frame.

Gawd, time goes so quickly

Edited by philjay
  • Like 3

I was also young and thin once as well Phil ! 😀😯😒

I've also taken up target shooting as a new hobby.

I'm thinking my shooting eyes are not a lot better than my astro observing eyes....!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

I was also young and thin once as well Phil ! 😀😯😒

I've also taken up target shooting as a new hobby.

I'm thinking my shooting eyes are not a lot better than my astro observing eyes....!!

What type of target shooting have you taken up Rob?

This was a national Field Target, I do bench rest up to 100 yards now cos my aged bones dont get into the stances anymore, and forget prone cos I will get down but take 1/2 hour to get back up :-) 

I also tried 6 and 10m air pistol at one time. Not easy that.

Just 'plinking' and basic target shooting with an air rifle.

Its something i've always had an interest in (i've had an interest in ballistics as long as i can remember) but have never got round to trying out.

I'm not mega serious or anything, just a hobbyist.

I've bought myself a .22 PCP rifle, and am in the process of kitting it out. Currently saving up for an optic for it.

4 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

Just 'plinking' and basic target shooting with an air rifle.

Its something i've always had an interest in (i've had an interest in ballistics as long as i can remember) but have never got round to trying out.

I'm not mega serious or anything, just a hobbyist.

I've bought myself a .22 PCP rifle, and am in the process of kitting it out. Currently saving up for an optic for it.

I shoot sub 12ftlbs at max of 100 yards at a range with PCP and Springers both in 177. It has to be a still day though, if windy you just pull the range in a bit.

I can recommend MTC Mamba scopes. I bought a 4-16 Mamba Light and it is a superb piece of kit.

IVve had an MTC Viper 6-24 for 20 plus years now and it has never let me down

Edited by philjay
  • Thanks 1