• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Help required

Bottletopburly

Chaps can anyone convert a drawing into a file that could be 3D printed, I’d like to have an adapter to take my zwo585mc   that could then fit in my zwo 78mm camera holder so I could switch between my zwo533mc when using nifty fifty lens large.8A2645CE-FDEC-4E23-AC71-B6E9A904F575.jpeg.df25fe489cd61e43fd994b8f668eb9ee.jpeg

• BAZ changed the title to Help required

PS - happy to print it if you want, as long as complete immunity from any damage owing to its use is assumed 😄

You have a choice of colours: red, black, white or sparkly translucent 😉 

if someone else with better CAD and 3D printing skillz comes along, I'd snap their hand off seriously!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Bob Dobber said:

PS - happy to print it if you want, as long as complete immunity from any damage owing to its use is assumed 😄

You have a choice of colours: red, black, white or sparkly translucent 😉 

if someone else with better CAD and 3D printing skillz comes along, I'd snap their hand off seriously!

Wow thanks bob amazing, if you could print a red that would be fantastic, I will pm my address let me know your costs , if this works that will be brilliant.

Dave 

12 minutes ago, Graham said:

If that does not work out I can soon make you one from Aluminium David

OP this sounds preferable to me!! I can't guarantee my 3D will be mm perfect. It'll be really close but possibly not precisely so.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Graham said:

If that does not work out I can soon make you one from Aluminium David

Ok @Bob Dobber no problem , if you could do that Graham that would be great , let me know if you need any more info graham, 

10 minutes ago, Graham said:

No problem David.

I will sort that at work this week.

Thanks graham 👍

@Graham is an absolute star, the stuff he has done for folk on here is immense. Thank you Graham, in this day and age, your generosity is unbound. 

28 minutes ago, Daz Type-R said:

@Graham is an absolute star, the stuff he has done for folk on here is immense. Thank you Graham, in this day and age, your generosity is unbound. 

I second that comment @Daz Type-R pulled me out the mire a few times 🫡

Me too.

Graham made me a spacer (6" diameter) for a mount / tripod connection a few years ago.

Then posted it to me free of charge a day later.

We are lucky to have his like on here.

If only he lived a bit closer. I'm sure a-lot of us owe him a pint or two....

• Like 2

Agree 100%, he fixed my Herschel wedge when FLO failed, and no matter how much I insisted he wouldn't taker anything for it, not even postage.

• Like 1