• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Apt shortcut

Bottletopburly

@Stu  to send mount to celestial equator press shift and click on Goto in apt this will bring up an advanced box  click on bottom box to go to equator.

hope this helps .

large.41FF78B0-9107-4585-9E03-41FC11CD3ADA.jpeg.c2a9616356c411834771c1e1bbbbcba8.jpeglarge.26F943A1-852B-4F89-B684-7EE64371A2C9.jpeg.33d699ea745a6e4cec0c681d5392b466.jpeg

Cool, thanks. So go to the equator, plate solve where it lands (blind or plate solve?), if that's successful then use goto++?

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Cool, thanks. So go to the equator, plate solve where it lands (blind or plate solve?), if that's successful then use goto++?

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Yes  blind solveAlso  calibrate phd2 from this point aswell if you need to calibrate 

• 3 weeks later...

Now I'm confident with all this I've ditched my finderscope from the setup, 750g saved and i can lose the counterweight extension bar as well 😁 Thanks for the nudge on it 👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stu said:

Now I'm confident with all this I've ditched my finderscope from the setup, 750g saved and i can lose the counterweight extension bar as well 😁 Thanks for the nudge on it 👍

I’ve never used a finder scope in years though I do need my counterweight bar 

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I've been checking out the SW auto focuser so will probably need it back soon 😄

I’d recommend going for a stepper motor  version not the skywatcher it’s not actually an autofocuser  , zwo, deepskydad , Pegasus there’s a few 

I've just got rid of my focus cube because it wouldn't fit my scope. I tried everything I could think of. 

I was also looking at the 4tronix RFU controller for it. So maybe not a proper autofocuser but it'll be remote controlled from my PC at least. I use the focus aid in APT so one more thing I can do from indoors. 

Edited by Stu

Focus point alters with temperature, what scope we’re you trying to fit the focus cube on ?