• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

AZ100 Motors First Light

Streetbob

You should be able to make a bracket that attaches to the tube ring top flat surface.

The bracket can have a couple of ball joints allowing you to swivel the I pad in any direction you need it to be.

Easy enough to do. 👌

Something like this may work : a tablet holder.

I think the original design was to hold a musicians chords, lyrics etc on a stand, but this has been adapted to hold a tablet iPad etc.

You would probably be able to clamp it on to the AZ100s counterweight bar if theres room.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09JVPPYKC?pd_rd_i=B09JVPPYKC&pf_rd_p=2fa5a177-ff58-47c1-b70e-97fbff1ec480&pf_rd_r=WFV49P6Q0WVGS8AKFWGG&pd_rd_wg=eWHXX&pd_rd_w=lAtWS&pd_rd_r=a8a8390d-38c9-48e5-babb-e798671ecada

One issue is that it may make the whole setup look a bit cluttered from an aesthetic point of view.

I've thought about an iPad holder for my DM6, but the mount is so minimalistic, theres literally nowhere to attach it.

So i simply just make use of the tray on the Berlebach (which is usually cluttered as well with eyepieces, batterys, coffee, gloves, glasses and everything else 😄)

Thanks for your advice.

I was thinking of attaching it to the Nexus DSC shelf or where the shelf attaches.  I will look at using a map case for now.

I do like the minimalist look of the mount, which has been a bit compromised with the motors attached, but you can't have everything.

Motors 4