• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Pick a trend out of this!

bryand

These graphs show the amount of energy produced by my 13 rooftop solar panels since they were installed at the end of April 2016.

Quite a lot of variation in a small sample, with 2018 being the record year and May 2020 (when we ran short of water due to lockdown paddling pool filling) being a peak.

And do you really want to go on holiday in August?

large.generation-by-month.PNG.fb66c424c8dc607c1b011500946f651c.PNG

Yes that looks to be about the same as my set up .

Must give then a wipe over and clean some of the pigeon poop off them.

@bryand If you don’t mind me asking how much difference does having the panels make to your electric bill , do you save power to battery or back to grid .

My panels pay us about £1400 per year from the the power we put into the grid, plus lower electric bills we have had them 11 years

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have 13 quarter-kilowatt panels, eight on one side of the roof and five on the other.  I cook on gas and have a Mk 1 Tesla battery to store the solar electricity. From Easter to August bank holiday I don’t buy any daytime electricity at all.  I charge the car on Economy 7, at night. My usage works out as about 93% nighttime and 7% daytime so the high cost of daytime grid electricity doesn’t matter, especially since I don’t buy any in summer anyway.

If you are thinking about a solar install, go ahead.  Energy isn’t going to get cheaper any time soon.

• Thanks 1