• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Help wanted: Wymeswold, Leicestershire

Sara Mills

Wolds Cubs are working towards their astronomy badge this term and would like to borrow a telescope for a couple of evenings in late January/early February. Does anyone have one we could borrow? If the telescope happens to come with an enthusiast who would be available to come and conduct a short show and tell session that would be even better; however the priority is the telescope.

I have done this before with ELAC and it's great fun. We should organise a meeting to coincide with the cubs night...

H Sara,

Yes, not a problem.  I'll be on site tomorrow evening (6:30 ish) if you want to meet up.

Regards,

Bryan

I have a 130mm newtonian that I don't use anymore, no mount though.  If anyone else has a mount that could be used then I'm sure we can sort out something.  I'll be there tomorrow evening too.

On 16/01/2023 at 08:34, Sara Mills said:

Wolds Cubs are working towards their astronomy badge this term and would like to borrow a telescope for a couple of evenings in late January/early February. Does anyone have one we could borrow? If the telescope happens to come with an enthusiast who would be available to come and conduct a short show and tell session that would be even better; however the priority is the telescope.

Hi Sara, what days are you looking at, I would be happy to pop along with my scope as other have already offered. Don't think any of us do talks per say but happy to talk about the scopes and if its clear the objects we can constellations etc. We have done events for your pack in the past as, I'm sure you know, we use the cricket club as viewing site.