• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

filters

Speed

Hi  I have a Baader  moon filter  which  I rate highly  just wondered if there was a "correct" method to use it   IE  where to put it   bare with me  I find it works better for me if I put it into the powermate rather than the eye piece  is there a reason for this 

my thinking here is there are different ways to connect guitar pedals in the chain and all will give a different sound   

Speed 

I guess if you put it in the powermate it makes it easier to change eyepieces without faffing about with the filter. I wouldn't think it would make a detectable effect to the eye.

If I'm using a refractor on the moon/planets I screw my baader IR cut filter into the diaganol to save messing around when changing EPs. 

If I remember correctly it makes the image sharper and prevents stars bloating when imaging.