• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

JWST Delivers again.

BAZ

Amazing isn't it ? Is this the same one you shared earlier on FB ??

Its also my new screen saver. 

It looks great on a 27" 5k screen ☺️

Amazing stuff , btw if anyone has Amazon prime there’s a documentary about opportunity Rover .

@Bino-viewer It is Rob, the sheer vastness of this just amazed me. Some of the little red specks at the back may have been the first galaxies ever to exist and probably one of the deepest views we can see.  This science just keeps turning up new dicoveries and maybe one day we might figure out a bit of the universe, because everytime we think we have it sorted, something like Quantum Physics pops up.

• Like 2

I'm just trying to get my head round the field of view. Apparently the image covers 0.007 square degrees. Any good comparisons to assist me would be much appreciated 👍

2 hours ago, Stu said:

I'm just trying to get my head round the field of view. Apparently the image covers 0.007 square degrees. Any good comparisons to assist me would be much appreciated 👍

Assuming a square image, 0.007 square degress would equate to about 5 x 5 arc minutes. Given that Jupiter currently has a diameter of about 0.5 arc minutes then the field would be about 10x the current size of Jupiter.