• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Anyone with a 3D printer?

Hi all. I was wondering if there's anyone out there with a 3D printer that could help me out please. I want a bracket for my pocket power box. Similar to the one I've got but with a couple of modifications to allow me to bolt it to a Losmandy plate. I can knock up a drawing and can reimburse for any materials used. 

I have a printer but limited CAD skills.  More detail needed - a picture of the pocket power box and the environment of the Losmandy plate would help.

large.Screenshot_20230408_232644_Gallery.jpg.8ad3087b22d66250a065e61dee7ff367.jpg

Basically just a wider version of this (minus the 4 holes in the middle), with 2 holes either side to take M6 bolts. 

Just realised you don't want those four bolts anyway, hmmm. It is possible. I've had vague success with Fusion360 making stuff from scratch but not used for a while so might have to re-learn from the basics and haven't really got the time I'm afraid...

3 hours ago, Bob Dobber said:

I hadn't seen those, some useful bits! Not quite what I'm after though. The alternative would be just a flat plate that I could attach my existing bracket to. Just with 4 holes (need to be countersunk) to match the middle ones  and the M6 holes either side. 

large.Screenshot_20230409_101530_Gallery.jpg.bc7e377cedbb26b57c6af9d7a879d717.jpg

* 5mm thick

Or this would do the job. I can just glue my bracket on top. 

Wouldn't a piece of 5 mm plywood be simpler and quicker to make?

• 2 weeks later...