• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Anti vibration

Bottletopburly

I watched this with interest as I use a zwo533mc now read the thread on CN  regarding micro vibrations so ordered some noctua anti  vibration mounts worth looking into if your zwo has this fitting on it other manufacturers have used a different design , won’t do any harm.large.44D7CEA7-B409-496B-9030-DF0555287155.jpeg.a247b9164ba6400c5b6c6082f97ce435.jpeglarge.7098A701-409C-41B3-BB4C-C71B86E3A307.jpeg.8c45c95fdd81b3567ebba0d01ca1d8d8.jpeg

• Like 1

Useful idea. 

But these cameras have been around a good few years now ; you'd think this would have 'come to light' before....?

I am also skeptical - not watched the vid (yet) but my uniformed gut feel would be that other factors such as seeing, optics and focus are bigger issues for achieving a sharp image. People stick dirty great cooling fans on the back of their newts, that to me sounds like a recipe for unwanted vibrations whereas the teeny tiny feathery light fan at the back of my camera seems hardly worth worrying about. Will watch though!

1 hour ago, Bino-viewer said:

Useful idea. 

But these cameras have been around a good few years now ; you'd think this would have 'come to light' before....?

seems to effect longer focal length scopes and does seem to be proved to effect images , @Bob Dobber it’s proven to turn fans off during imaging and only  to use initially to cool mirror down Peter shah has a thread on here somewhere showing turning fan off during imaging gives a sharper image , certainly no harm changing to rubber mounts .

Edited by Bottletopburly

I'll watch the vid then! Although given my camera isn't very old, not so keen on modding it just yet!!

• Like 1