• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Alan JB

Hi everyone,

I just joined the group, I live in County Mayo... cloudy County Mayo! Originally from Nottingham and more latterly from near to Frankfurt, we moved to Mayo in November and have a good dark garden.

Being partially disabled, and knocking on a bit, I bought a Unistellar Equinox 2 smartscope. First night using it last and night,  under some high cloud and challenging conditions, and I did manage a half reasonable photo of M51 after several attempts. 

Looking forward to following your posts and to some clearer skies, but not this week for the latter lol.

• Like 2

Hi and welcome to EMS Alan, I'll be looking forward to seeing more images from your Unistellar smartscope 🙂 Just had a quick look at your M51, it's pretty good.

Welcome to EMS Alan, make yourself at home and enjoy your stay. I hope you get some clear skies soon. 

Welcome to EMS Alan 😊

I must confess, my Irish geography is so poor, I had to look at a map to see where County Mayo was,

having only been to Ireland once in 55 years (that was near Dublin for a wedding)

You must get some nice dark sky's out there when the weather does cooperate though ?

Lets hope you get to use your new scope a bit more now the weather (and temperature) is improving a bit.