• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

GSO RC telescopes fault known fault

Bottletopburly

Hi Dave

Thanks for posting this.

I have known about this defect for a while now and made a reducer for my baffle tube over a year ago.

This video however takes things to a new level and shows that the original fix of reducing the diameter of the baffle tube does not solve the issue of the stray light refracting inside the tube.

I will now make an extension to stop this refraction.

Hopefully this will finally sort my issues and will turn my £3000 paper weight into the scope I hoped it would be. 

Thanks again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Hi Dave

Thanks for posting this.

I have known about this defect for a while now and made a reducer for my baffle tube over a year ago.

This video however takes things to a new level and shows that the original fix of reducing the diameter of the baffle tube does not solve the issue of the stray light refracting inside the tube.

I will now make an extension to stop this refraction.

Hopefully this will finally sort my issues and will turn my £3000 paper weight into the scope I hoped it would be. 

Thanks again.

No problem graham I saw this and automatically thought of you , shame on Gso , especially considering it’s a big investment.

Extension now made and fitted.

Need a clear night to test it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Extension now made and fitted.

Need a clear night to test it out.

That was quick graham 👍

Got a day off work today so I don't hang around.

I need to get this sorted David.

I decided to do a belt and braces job so I have made the tapered extension plus included the step down for good measure.

Edited by Graham
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Graham said:

Got a day off work today so I don't hang around.

I need to get this sorted David.

I decided to do a belt and braces job so I have made the tapered extension plus included the step down for good measure.

Excellent graham the right info at the right time 👍 let’s hope all goes to plan .