• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Astrohopper

Bottletopburly

I came across a video which may be helpful for visual imagers called astrohopper works similar to Starsense and works via a smartphone using a webpage and is FREEEEEEEE  reading a few comments seems to work well  all details in video.

https://artyom-beilis.github.io/astrohopper.html

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing this David. I think I'll try this out on my next clear. 

• Like 1

If it's a web page, surely that means you need an internet connection all the time it is in use?  I can think of lots of dark sites where the cellphone connectivity is so bad that it can't work.

5 hours ago, bryand said:

If it's a web page, surely that means you need an internet connection all the time it is in use?  I can think of lots of dark sites where the cellphone connectivity is so bad that it can't work.

I’ve no idea Bryan ,possibly , 

update it does work offline as long as database has been cached 

https://astronomytechnologytoday.com/2022/06/23/astrohopper/

Edited by Bottletopburly

Yup, does what it says on the tin. I am going to make something to mount next to the bino's on the mount, that will be helpful.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BAZ said:

Yup, does what it says on the tin. I am going to make something to mount next to the bino's on the mount, that will be helpful.

That’s excellent news , I read a thread on CN and peeps doing that too for binos 👍