• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Altair cam problem

Stu

Hi all. So I'm trying to use the replacement 269C I've been sent. It works fine in Altair Capture but that's it. Sharpcap and APT aren't detecting it. My GPCAM is fine, I can open it either directly or via the ASCOM driver. The 269C isn't showing in the ASCOM driver drop-down box. I can't connect using the Altair camera option either  I've reinstalled all the drivers, APT, Sharpcap, restarted the PC several times but still no joy. Any suggestions?

Edited by Stu

I have a problem with Alpacca trying to take over and I am trying to remember how I get it to work

Edited by Ibbo

I assumed it would just work as it's just another one of the same camera, silly me!

Its astro drivers they are a pain at times.

One of my cams will only work in Sharpcap but likes me to open Sharpcap, then close it and reopen before it will connect.

I might just go all in and reset the PC, start from scratch. 

Very true. If turning off and on fails then this is the only other thing I know how to do 😄

Just now, Bottletopburly said:

APT in usb monitor does it show the altair cam ?

Yeah, it shows when plugged in and unplugged. Also shows up in win10 device manager. 

Hold shift and connect camera choose altair driver not ascom 

1 hour ago, Bottletopburly said:

Hold shift and connect camera choose altair driver not ascom 

If I do that it says no Altair camera detected

57 minutes ago, Bottletopburly said:

Try  Updating  the drivers from Apt these are the latest drivers for all cameras https://astrophotography.app/downloads.php

I'll give it go. Win says it's up to date and I reinstalled them from the Altair site. It seems like a driver problem though as Sharpcap/PHD2 can't find it either. 

Sorted I think. Tried the above update but no joy. Reset the PC, Sharpcap and APT are now connecting to the camera. Haven't got round to setting up EQMOD yet, that's a job for tomorrow.